"Lifeless"


The other day, my card declined after therapy,

I stared at my reflection, drenched in sympathy.

I wondered...... was it all my fault?

Am I to blame for the assault?

Maybe I was weak, maybe I wasn’t strong,

Or maybe, just maybe, I wasn’t wrong.


I gazed at the numbers that traced my past,

Standing in a puddle of blood, frozen in aghast.

Chills crawled up my skin like an unwelcome guest,

As his face, that twisted grin, never lets me rest.


I lay lifeless, buried in a grave of shame,

Was it my actions, or was it his that were depraved?

The weight of silence presses on my chest,

In this endless trial, will my soul find rest?


The echoes of doubt claw at my heart,

But could it be, I was broken from the start?

Or did his cruelty forge these chains I wear,

Leaving me questioning if life’s ever fair?


-jane..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Roses and Silent Goodbyes

"The Look of Love"

"The Boy who died"